This past week, I revisited my tools. It was a must. A non-negotiable.
These tools I speak of- are the little things. And RN these little things are very much the BIG THINGS. For clarity.
Make your bed.
Sit in the Sun.
Move your bones.
Make yourself a delicious meal- why? Gee gosh golly you deserve it.
These “teeny tiny things” remind me to show up for me. I hope they help you show up for you. We must show up for yourselves now and always.
Here’s my Good Morning Ritual
1. Start your day with a heaping glass of water (we gots to stay hydrated)
2. Wash ya face, Brush ya teeth
3. Head to a meditation cushion or pillow or whateva
4. Light a candle, burn some sage or santo
5. Set a timer and meditate for 5 to 10 minutes
6. Use a body scan, a mantra, or watch your breath
7. When mind wanders off, be compassionate and simply bring yourself back to your anchor
8. Journal thoughts, frustrations, emotions about what came up
Do all of this before watching/reading the news, scrolling through the gram, texting peeps, or answering emails.
It helps, I promise.
When you feel the fire of anger,
the anxiety of the unknown, the heaviness of depression…
Take Slow Deep Belly Breaths
*lay down in savasana or however you are comfy, place hands on belly
Start with 4 counts in, 4 counts out
Increase to 4 counts in, 6 counts out
Little by slowly extending the exhales so that fire becomes flowers